The Pemaquid Oyster Festival, Damariscotta's annual celebration of the working waterfront, marine conservation, and the Pemaquid oyster, is celebrating its 10-year anniversary Sun., Sept. 27 from noon to dusk.
The popular event is an important fundraiser for the Edward A. Myers Marine Conservation Fund.
As always, the Pemaquid Oyster Festival will feature a great line-up of entertainment, food, educational exhibits and thousands of oysters fresh from the Damariscotta River. (There is also a menu with plenty of choices other than oysters.) The festival is held right on the banks of the Damariscotta River at Schooner Landing Restaurant & Marina on Main St. in Damariscotta, and includes other Main St. businesses. Last year over 10,000 oysters were served at the Pemaquid Oyster Festival.
While the event is held outdoors on Schooner Landing's riverside deck, there are tents to cover the educational exhibits, entertainment stage, and other locations so that the Pemaquid Oyster Festival can be held rain or shine.
The Pemaquid Oyster Festival is the primary fundraiser for the Edward A. Myers Marine Conservation Fund. The fund is named after Edward Myers, a Walpole resident who pioneered aquaculture in the Damariscotta River and many other areas.
"This fund is intended to continue Edward Myers' vision of having a sustainable working waterfront as well as protecting our marine environment; implemented through education and research projects with a focus on marine conservation," said Chris Davis of the Pemaquid Oyster Company.
The Pemaquid Oyster Co. and Schooner Landing have hosted the event since the first Pemaquid Oyster Festival in 2001. Both of these hosts contribute all of their profits from the day to the Edward A. Myers Marine Conservation Fund. The fundraising efforts of these hosts are supported by sponsors that help cover expenses including entertainment, tents, and fuel for the boat rides.
For more information on volunteer work or sponsorships please contact Greg Latimer at 207-380-9912 firstname.lastname@example.org
Musis All Day Long!!
Old Grey Goose
Newell Family Fiddlers
The New Rangers
The Hold Mackerels
Eric Green Party
Elliot, Mellyn and Jones
Closing Jam Session!
Boat Rides Aboard the River Tripper
And Lots of Oysters fresh from the River!!!
Schooner Landing Special Menu also available.
- Windjammer Days in lovely Boothbay Harbor, Maine - June 25 -July 1, 2017 Harbour Towne Inn
- $50 off three night minimum - Book NOW 207 633 4300
- Harbor Fest in Boothbay Harbor September 1st-10th 2017- Boothbay Harbor Fest!!
- Pumpkinfest and Regatta October 2016 Call today for $50. off room rate - two night minimum
- 52th Annual Antique Auto Days Show at Boothbay Railway Village July 16 and 17, 2016
- Boothbay Opera House - Concerts, Music and Shows Tickets 207.633.5159
- Antiquing in Maine
- Shipyard Cup and Hodgdon Boat 200th Anniversary Rendezvous Celebration
- Maine Botanical Garden Tickets
- A Room with a View for Two
- Bluegrass Festival at Thomas Point Beach - September 2016
- Claw Down September 2016
- HOT Deal -Today- Fill the Inn sale -Same Day Booking $165.00
- Boothbay Charities Classic Golf Tournament September 2016
- Leaves and Lobsters in Boothbay Harbor - Harbour Towne Inn B&B
- Lighthouse Tours
- Lobster and Clam Bake on Cabbage Island
- Championship 18 hole Golf Course Package at Boothbay Harbor Country Club
- Free night - Book 7 nights and receive the 7th night FREE at our Boothbay Harbor Bed and Breakfast
- Columbus Day Weekend Special - HALF price on your third night
- Oktoberfest in Maine September 2016- Topsham Fairgrounds
- Best Fall Color Drives near Boothbay Harbor - Maine FREE Night!!
- Blueberry Festivals - Enjoy Maine
- Maine Festivals and Fairs
- Gardens Aglow - Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, Maine November 21, - December 31
- $50 Gift Certificate for Dinner in May
- Boothbay Opera House Events
- Gift Certificates
- Red Cloak Haunted History Tour
- Art Walk Maine - First Fridays in Boothbay Harbor
- Maine Photography Show April 9-29
- Show of the Month Club at the OPERA House
- AmTrack 50% off for seniors